Sunday, February 10, 2013

Teacher - Lynette Meek

We are fortunate to have Lynette Meek as one of our teachers this year.
She will be teaching painting lace. Wow these pictures are sure amazing.


This is Lynette's design for the Vogue Competition.

Bio from Lynette
I have been teaching knitting at Mad About Ewe for about 12 years.  As a teacher I have turned many students on to knitting and its many facets.
About 2 years ago I was runner-up in a Vogue Design Competition – The Magic of Mohair.  My design was published in the Early Fall 2011 edition of Vogue Knitting.  Since then I have had several designs published in Vogue.
I love all styles of knitting.  But I especially love to knit lace.  Painting the lace, came as a result of wanting to draw attention to the lace but still maintain colour in the knits!  As I am part crow I often add beads to my knitting as well.
  





Lynettes class will be Sunday May 5 10 AM - 5 PM with a Maximum of 15 students.
Class cost $80.
Registration will begining March 4 and the class cost will be published soon.
Dyes will be provided. Materials charge for pattern and dyes – $5.00.  Each student would need a number 6 round  “hair”, not synthetic, paint brush; a cheap ice cube tray and T-pins and a long piece of Styrofoam insulation, plus the project which would have to be knit ahead of time. 
Lynette will provide the pattern for a scarf, knit with a 4-ply yarn of their choice – scarf takes approx 400 yds.  Recommended yarns include Drops Alpaca, Classic Elite Fresco, or any undyed wool 4-ply.  Handmaiden and Fleece Artist make several nice ones.
Knitters would need basic lace knitting skills.  The project is lace at each end with a solid center section.
She has many designs  - here are couple of links to Ravelry patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment